The IPEI Capital Campaign
Our Children • Our Schools • Our Future
Listen to Emily and Kevin's message!
To date the campaign has raised $624,326 from 228 donors.
- Expand Current Programs and Grants: $300,000
Provide support for new and increased learning opportunities that benefit the children and teachers in our district:
- Our grants - Teacher, Red & Gold, Community Collaboration
- Kids Discover the Trail!
- Affiliations with and support for Code Red Robotics and the Fine Arts Booster Group
- Special funds and awards
- ICSD Teaching and Learning with Technology 1:1 Initiative Mobile Device Pilot
- Build Organizational Capacity: $180,000
Position IPEI to transition over time from a volunteer-run organization to one with paid staff—a more sustainable organizational structure given the increased growth and reach of IPEI’s grants, programs, and collaborations.
- Build Endowment for IPEI's Future: $120,000
Establish an unrestricted endowment fund that will grow over time, so that IPEI can continue to support innovative projects and respond to new opportunities for years to come.
Terry Byrnes, IPEI Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-257-6177
Jennifer Engel, IPEI Board Vice President, email@example.com, 607-272-8401
Mary Grainger, IPEI Development Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-257-3268
Why IPEI Matters
During a time of increased budget cuts, IPEI’s programs and grants give teachers the resources to create inspiring learning experiences in the classroom and community.
- IPEI awarded more than $1 million dollars and 1,000 grants during its first 15 years.
- IPEI has awarded more than $300,000 in grants this year, a record number.
- IPEI helped pioneer and continues to support Kids Discover the Trail!, which in 8 years has brought 15,000 children to all 8 Discovery Trail sites.
Why the Campaign Matters
“This campaign is a great opportunity for all of us to help make Ithaca’s public schools the very best. We need to do this for our kids, our community, and our future.”
—Terry Byrnes, Founding Board Member and President
“IPEI’s capital campaign is a means for IPEI to gather more resources to make an even greater difference in our schools.”
—Jennifer Engel, Founding Board Member and Vice President
“IPEI is the vehicle through which you can show your support for excellence in our classrooms.”
—Mary Grainger, 10-Year Board Member and Development Committee Chair